- World Leader
- Niche Field of Technology
- Rapidly Growing Company
MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require an Engineering Manager to join the delivery team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, you will be responsible for planning, organising and directing all engineering activities within the Product Development Team. The primary function is the day to day management of engineering resources and in conjunction with the Head of PMO allocate resources to projects to deliver on client requirements. The role will play an important part in mentoring and coaching the team and continuous improvement for effectiveness and efficiency of the engineering process.
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Planning for engineering resource demand, working with the Project Management team to allocate resources to projects.
- Structure engineering work packages and allocate within the engineering team
- Ensure work packages are delivered within time and cost criteria
- Develop, determine and implement engineering policies and procedures to ensure best engineering practises within the Engineering Team.
- Oversee engineering processes and manage resource performance.
- Review operations against sales forecast and translating this data into plans to meet resource and engineering requirements for existing and future projects.
- Recruit, coach and develop engineering staff.
- Mentor team members to achieve excellence and efficiency
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring performance
- Guide project teams into the selection of correct design concepts and fundamental technology to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Works with the Heads of Manufacturing, Project Development, Business Development and Quality to monitor and improve the quality and effectiveness of engineering processes.
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis to support project and sales activities
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Significant experience (10+ years) working as an Engineering Manager or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a successful team leader, coach and mentor
- Experience working in fast paced, high quality, regulated, engineering environment such as medical device, automotive or similar industry is essential. IVD system development experience would be ideal.
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- A demonstrated competency in delivering design solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products
- A rigorous approach to design and manufacturing process control in a low cost high quality environment.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles
- A solid understanding of common polymer fabrication techniques
- Intimate understanding of Design control, Validation and Verification processes under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be referred to Richard Kellaway at CRC Recruitment.