Lead Mechanical Engineer - Product Development
Career opportunity with MiniFAB
Continued strong growth within the Product Development group has created the opportunity for a talented professional to join our team, working on exciting, leading edge medical products. An increasing number of new, innovative medical diagnostics products are entering various phases of development and manufacture, requiring an experienced engineer to join the team immediately.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Significant experience (8+ years) working as a Mechanical Engineer within an innovative product development industry
- A demonstrated excellence in personally delivering high quality design solutions
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, high quality, regulated, engineering environment such as medical device, food, automotive or similar industry is essential
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- Outstanding 3D CAD skills
- Excellent 2D CAD skills with a sound understanding of GD&T
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles, especially where applied to high volume, low cost manufactured solutions
- Understanding of common polymer fabrication / prototyping techniques
- Intimate understanding of Design control, Validation and Verification processes under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Must be hands-on in all aspects
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
- Capture product requirements and follow disciplined process to translate into design output. Develop prototype products and components in compliance with applicable quality system procedures and regulations
- Hands on involvement to build and evaluate prototypes and, eventually, products. Define and execute test plans, analyse test results, prepare reports, and iterate as required to achieve solutions that delight our clients and partners.
- Typical products include microfluidic based medical diagnostics, medical implant devices, and other micro-engineered products. Experience in these areas would be a distinct advantage, but on-the-job training will be including as part of the induction process.
- A passionate desire and drive for continuous learning is high advantageous.
- Manage internal and external suppliers required to support product design tasks
- Outstanding candidates will be encouraged to take a leading role within projects and will be expected to manage small teams of engineers to effectively deliver solutions, often to demanding schedules
- Full time role
- Reporting to Project Managers on a daily basis, and over to the Head of Product Development
- Immediate start desirable
If you match these requirements please send your cover letter demonstrating suitability along with your CV through to us via [email protected]