Project Manager - Product Development
Career opportunity with MiniFAB
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning and executing early stage product development activities, where successful completion of MiniFAB projects is assessed on meeting time, budget and technical expectations. Securing the next stage of the product development activity is also an integral part of this role. The successful candidate will require commercial acumen with strong technical background and the ability to mentor the team of engineers supporting their projects.
- Project Management of one larger, or several smaller, product development activities within the Product Development group
- Accountable for implementation of MiniFAB’s existing project management processes
- Responsible for suggesting ideas, concepts, and processes to ensure continuous improvement in MiniFAB’s project management processes
- Mentoring the project delivery team
- Scoping and securing subsequent phases of work
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients located globally
- Consult with the Quality Assurance team to ensure compliance of all developments to the relevant internal and external standards
- Where applicable, provide technical and analytical assistance to the development teams to manage development risk
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Successful track record in a Project Management role of successfully delivering complex Product Development projects. MiniFAB’s products are at the cutting edge of product and manufacturing technology and this presents numerous challenges over and above those normally found in commodity product environments
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams, especially combinations of mechanical engineering, life sciences, transfer to manufacturing, and design control
- Demonstrable Scientific and Engineering experience, e.g. honours degree or above, to enable informed decision making within project teams is highly desirable
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills, and an ability to inspire excellence within teams
- Professional Project Management training / certification
- Intimate understanding of product design under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (No PDF Documents please).
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.