Business Development Manager, Americas
- Join a dynamic global company
- World-leading polymer microfluidic devices
- Attractive pay structure
- Report directly to VP USA
The key responsibilities of this role include:
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Cultivate a network of key contacts and decision-makers within the Point of Care Diagnostics and Life Science Research fields
- Maintain current point-of-view on the state of target markets, key trends and true customer needs
- Prepare, maintain and implement a market development plan including operational and strategic goals
- Identify and research prospective clients in target markets, pursue and establish relationships and ultimately deliver signed contracts
- Meet with prospective clients to understand their needs and help them understand potential solutions
- Collaborate with engineering and delivery teams to develop proposals and ensure they are successfully executed
- Act as the Key Account Manager for major accounts
- Manage leads, prospects and customers in our CRM platform
- Build trust with internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making
- Sales Targets
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering, or similar relevant engineering, scientific or biomedical discipline
- Extensive knowledge of the Point of Care Diagnostics or the Life Science Research market spaces
- Significant commercial experience (10+ years) working in business development or lead technical roles in a relevant field such as Point of Care Diagnostics or Life Science Research consumables
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and then apply critical thinking to develop a problem statement and framework for a potential solution. Understanding of development process for medical devices (familiarity with Quality Management System under ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Experience with a product that has gone through the stages of product development and into manufacturing
- Experience working in an innovative and high quality engineering environment such as medical device, food, automotive or similar industry
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Ability to multitask, plan, schedule, coordinate, manage time efficiently, and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teamwork and ability to take initiative
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to travel regularly throughout the Americas region as needed to visit customers, attend industry events and trade shows
- Able to travel occasionally to international locations for training and global team workshops
Be part of something special. Take your career to the next level and help drive this exciting company into the next phase of expansion and excellence. Apply by providing your CV and cover letter in word format (no PDFs please).
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word format to [email protected]
Questions can be referred to Melissa Behrend at [email protected] or +61 3 9764 2241
The future belongs to those who think big.
Your chance to work at the leading edge of diagnostics and lifescience
We partner with clients to design, develop and manufacture game-changing point-of-care and life-science devices that can place the power of an entire lab in the palm of your hand.
The products we help create are revolutionising healthcare delivery, powering new discoveries, and changing the world. The devices may be small but their impacts are huge.
Join the team at Minifab and become part of this healthcare revolution.