Tooling Project Manager
Tooling Project Manager
- World Leader
- Rapidly Growing Company
- Full-Time Permanent Opportunity
MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. A unique full-time opportunity has arisen for a Tooling Project Manager to join the manufacturing team.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of high precision injection moulding tools into production. This will involve managing the creation of new and innovative parts aligned to the business strategy, introducing precision parts not seen before in Australia. The key to success will be working with key internal and external experts that push the leading edge of tooling and insert fabrication technology.
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- The review of part designs for injection moulding and recommending part improvements
- Managing the delivery and budget of injection moulding tool projects
- Tool design and tool simulations to optimize gating, cooling, filling, opening and ejection performance of new and existing tools
- Managing outsourced tool build and upgrade projects to both local and international tool suppliers. This will involve occasional international travel
- Commissioning injection moulding tools into production use
- Investigate and resolve injection moulded part and processes issues and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures
- Assist with the upgrade, repair and recommissioning of existing injection moulding tools
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience working in an innovative, high quality, regulated, manufacturing environment such as medical device, automotive or similar industry
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
- Extensive experience in the design and development of injection moulding tools with a focus on parts with challenging mechanical requirements such as closures, hinges, high flatness, fine surface finish and precision tolerance demands
- Accomplished in coordinating mould trials and commissioning of moulds that are highly capable
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail, strong initiative and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest possible standard.
- Experienced user of Solidworks 3D CAD system
- Experienced user of moulding simulation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong focus on working as part of a team
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be referred to Louise Bastow at Fuse Recruitment on 0403 202 811.